What is Reiki?
Reiki is a spiritual healing art. It is not massage nor is it based on belief or suggestion. A Reiki session usually takes an hour, some practitioners offer 1 1/2 hour sessions. The session is performed by a Reiki Practitioner (RP or RMT) using specific hand positions. During the Reiki session, the client is fully clothed while comfortably reclining on a massage table or seated in a chair. It is stress-reducing and a very relaxing experience. Reiki sessions are a great investment in yourself.
- A subtle and effective form of energy healing using spiritually guided life force energy
- Practiced in every country of the world
- Being used in many setting including hospitals, hospice, as well as in private practice and in self-care
- A wonderful complementary modality in a personal wellness or healing program
Reiki is not:
- Affiliated with any particular religion or religious practice
- New, it is thousands of years old (at least)
Defining qualities of Reiki:
- A practice of transmitting healing energy through the hands
- Passed on through the attunement process
- The energy is not guided by the practitioner, but the energy has it's own innate wisdom to guide itself.
- Reiki energy is not based on belief, faith or suggestion.
Information provided from “International Association of Reiki Professionals” web site. www.iarp.org